Thursday, February 18, 2010

02-24 186.0

7:30am
So, I haven't posted in a few days. I thought I would give both you and me a break. I am down to 186.0 but this is my third day at that weight. God, I hope this isn't it!! I hope I don't stop here! I keep hearing Marilyn in the back of my mind saying, "There was a time when I didn't loose for 3 days and then on the next day, I dropped 3 lbs." Yeah....I'm hoping for that.

I've got 9 days left on the Very Low Calorie Stage. I am very excited, yet very scared. I am scared to go on maintenance. With my past track record, I'm afraid I will gain it all back. I will do my best not to let that happen, though.

I think I am finally going to go try and buy a new pair of pants for work today. The ones I have are really looking like shit on me now. It's time. I just don't want to get more than one or two for fear that I won't be in them for very long (either gaining or losing). I will let you know what I find and what size I am in later today.

11:00am
I met Bax at the mall. We went to New York & Co. I found some pants and took out a 16 to try on. Bax told me to grab the 14's, too.."Just to see". I went into the fitting room, held my breath, and tried on the 14's. THEY FIT!!! And best of all, they are comfortable!! I was in shock..still am. I can't believe that I actually BOUGHT a size 14. Now, granted, they are dress pants, not jeans, and they are stretch but still!! Part of me wanted to jump up and down and scream. Another part of me wants to be cautious. The cautious part ruled. I'm happy..ecstatic, actually, but there is still a very large part of me that is telling me NOT to get too excited. Is this a fluke?? Is it going to last?? These questions are still at the forefront of my mind. After so many years of trying and either not getting the results I want and/or failing completely, it's hard to wrap my brain around actually buying a size 14. I'm still scared about going on maintenance.

6:30pm
I didn't take Bax's advice. She wanted me to wear my new pants with heels and a cute shirt for work today. I thought about it...I really did. I ran into a couple of roadblocks. For one, I don't have any "cute" shirts. Secondly, the pants shrunk up a bit in length after I washed them. They still fit but they are not long enough for heels anymore. Third, I am VERY self conscious about wearing these pants. I got used to wearing my pants baggy and I guess I kinda dug it 'cause it make me really feel like I've lost a lot. However, I found out the secret to getting people to notice that you've lost. Wear pants that fit!! I walked into work today and Judy and Daphne were VERY generous in their compliments. It was nice. I needed that! Thanks, ladies.

That is going to be it for today. If I drop a lot tomorrow, I will post. Otherwise, I probably won't post for a couple of days...'cause I'll be pissed and won't want to post anything.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! Congrats on the pants!!! It really does build your confidence up. So when are you going to go get a cute top?? Also, remember, you may not have lost on the scale, but you are probably still losing "inches"!!!!!Really don't be afraid of maintenance. As long as you keep the motivation you've got now, you will be able to maintain where you are at in 9 days. You'll be able to have more variety & quantity, & will be satisfied. And I think you'll come to find out, you won't be as hungry as you think, & will feel full on less food than you think. You can still lose weight on maintenance, just not as quckly. Keep it up you're doing great, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just getting ready to email you, as I was concerned I had not heard from you in a few days. Yeah on the new pants! I am with Marilyn, time to get a cute shirt (or 2) to go with the pants. Hang in there, you are nearing the end of this phase and you will want to make the most of the last few days. Keep me posted on your great efforts:)Mel

    ReplyDelete