Wednesday, February 10, 2010

02-10 193.0

8:30am
My mornings are getting better. I drink a pot of coffee and then try to keep myself busy until noon. Usually, that's not a problem because there's always something to clean or laundry to do AND I have to make my food for the day. My hunger pains are deminishing with each day. My stomach doesn't usually start growling until about noon.

My main problem is at work. Like I was telling Annette yesterday, I have realized that I munch and snack out of boredom. Especially on these cold days when there is not much going on. We are not nearly as busy as we are when it's warm so we want to busy ourselves by eating. I really thought I would have a harder time at home doing this but actually, it's quite the opposite. At home, I can keep myself occupied. At work, I have to sit and wait for something to happen. I was accustomed to going into work, sitting down, logging on to my computers and then snacking on whatever goodies were sitting behind me on the table. I have to say, that "habit" is still there. I have to consciously tell myself not to take anything. It's almost automatic. I have not done it yet, but I can see how, in my previous eating habits, I would do that for 8 hours and THEN want to go out and get dinner on top of it.
The unconscious eating was SO out of control.

4:45hrs
I had an orange at 11am and then I ate lunch 1:30 or so (Grilled Flounder, cucumbers marinated in vinegar and stevia).

8:00pm
I ate my dinner (ground beef with spices, on top of a bed of romaine lettuce) around 6, and I just had 1/2 grapefruit. I was only REALLY hungry twice today, which isn't too bad. It is either getting easier...or I'm just getting used to it.

I'm over halfway there, ladies!!

3 comments:

  1. Yippee, You are doing soooo good. Those 1st couple of weeks seem to be the hardest. Now you are getting used to it, so that does make it easier. When do you go back to get measured?Keep up the good work, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got measured this past Thursday. I go back on the 18th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so great. I am mucho impressed. Doesn't it feel worth it when you step on the scale each morning? Then it seems bearable for one more day:) I MUST see you soon! Great job, Mel

    ReplyDelete