I am 43 years old (pushing 44) and I can't tell you the last time I weighed under 200 lbs for a significant period of time. I have taken weight off and put it back on NUMEROUS times. The thought of dieting scares me. The thought of a "life" change scares me. I KNOW that is what I need to do for an actual weight loss to work but, let's face it... I LOVE FOOD!! I love the smell, the look, the touch and especially, the taste!! Food controls my life. When I go out with family or friends, where do we go? A restaurant!! I love the aromas that fill the parking lot that are there to prepare you for the fabulous feast inside. My mouth waters, and, at times, I have been known to shutter with excitement.
Any time there is a gathering of people, food is at the center of it all. Why? Because it makes you feel good. Have you ever heard of comfort food? To me, ALL food is comfort food. My emotional brain says this is true. But my realistic brain tells me something different. Food is fuel. It is not supposed to make you happy or sad. It's just there to keep you alive. I need to reprogram myself. I have to admit. I have a very good life. If changing my eating habits is the only thing I have to worry about, then I've got it REAL good!
I am going in to my chiropractor's office today to talk to them about a program that they have all done, and done successfully... HCG. Apparently, this a very strict program, something I'm not familiar with... I have always wanted weight loss to be easy. I never wanted to work for it....I have come to the realization that I have been living in a fantasy land.
My concerns are these:
I won't be able to do it
If I AM able to do it, will I be able to maintain it
I will be bitchy
I will give up once I see about 10 lbs gone.
I will never be able to go out to eat again
To keep the weight off, I must confine myself to my home, in a controlled
environment or I will put the weight back on.
I am writing this blog more for myself than for anything else. I need to change not only my eating habits but my attitude towards food in general. Food does not equal happiness. I am ready to walk the road less traveled. I will prove to myself that I can do this. I have tackled harder things before and succeeded. I will make this happen.
Stay tuned....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is awesome...I am going to do it too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the technology guidance. Update me, how did it go today?
ReplyDeleteMel- It went well! I was very nervous at the beginning. I have to say that it was nice to have someone else in there with me. I was surprised at myself. I really thought I would have the "I can't do this" attitude after I saw the video. I don't feel like that. Funny thing... I think I'm more aprehensive about the gorging part. Ha.. Who would've thought. Thanks for the support! I hope you're ready to hear a lot from me over the next 23 days!!
ReplyDeleteI'm official! Ok,how's the gorging going? So I hear it's not all that! Finding it hard to eat anything and all that you want? Wow that is interesting. It is a mind game. When you know you can't have something... is when you want it the most. But in reality, you really don't want it. REMEMBER THAT!!!! I too will use that when I am looking at a bag of Krunchers Hawaiian Onion potato chips. THANKS FOR SHARING! I think we will ALL get something out of this.
ReplyDelete