Another 1/2 pound today. I'm really not surprised. I did NOT cheat or anything. I just didn't feel like I lost a whole lot yesterday. Isn't that weird? But...I still lost SOMETHING!!!
So, last night at work, Erin brings in chocolate covered marshmallows. You know..the Russel Stover ones. My all time favorite Easter candy!!! Dale even knows this. If he gets any at his Easter egg hunt, he gives them to me. Anywho, she asks if I want one, to which I reply, "No thanks". She tries again. I tell her I'm dieting. God love her...then she says, "Well you can't deprive yourself. That will surely make you fail. One isn't gonna hurt you." I swear to you, as logical as this sounded to me, that I did NOT eat one. That was my mindset also...a couple of weeks ago. But then again, Erin looks like she could be Lisa Harper's sister (in looks, build and personality), so ONE isn't going to hurt HER!! ONE would fuck me up BAD!!!
Bottom line is.. I resisted. As good as it would've felt to eat it (for the 30 seconds it would've taken me to inhale it), I felt BETTER NOT eating it.
12:00pm
Lunch time.
Arugula lettuce with "the" dressing, topped with shrimp sauteed in lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
One breadstick
Small orange (gonna try and hold off eating that until I get to work again. I did it yesterday. Kinda gave me something to look forward to.
Every day is getting a little bit easier in the hunger department. I think I'm going to have to get the cookbook, though. I can see myself getting burned out by next week. The Pounds & Inches Away" gal sent me a recipe today. I made it for dinner. It's basically chicken/tomato soup. I surprised myself and made it from scratch. I stewed my own tomatoes instead of using the canned ones. I'll have that and melba toast and strawberries for dinner. I'm actually excited about it. I have not been excited about my meals since I started this program. I guess that's my cue to go get the cookbook. I have to go get some more dressing anyway. I'll do that tomorrow or Friday.
Still waiting on some advice about trivia Saturday night.
More later..
8:00pm
WOW! I am JUST now getting a break. We were slammed at work earlier. I didn't get to eat until 6:30pm or so. Not so good. I was getting a bit shaky but I couldn't break away to go warm up my food. I'm feeling much better now, though.
10:00pm
Almost time to go home. Overall, not a bad day today. Every day gets a little easier.
Hope to down below 200 by the end of the week. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! You really amaze me! You are so determined. The weight loss has gotT to be what keeps you going. As far as the trivia, maake sure you eat before u go. I'm sure I didn't have to tell you that, also, save your fruit and take that with you so you have something to chew on. Have the mindset of looking at everybody eating all that poison they are putting in their body. This sounds crazy, but I like feeling hungry, and not putting something in my mouth. I feel like I am conquering my demons. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! Love u! Stay strong
ReplyDeleteHey Jana,
ReplyDeleteGood job resisting the devil that presented in the form of marshmallows:) I have the cook book if you would like to borrow it. I will bring it to the office today and leave it there for you. It does help for some variety. I agree with Lise- wait to eat dinner just before you leave for trivia and take your fruit with you. You might even take a bag of freeze dried apples instead of a real one, that way you can pretend they are chips:) I will also bring a bag of those to the office for you. I must warn you- at this point there may be the occasional day where you don't lose weight or even gain a small amount- THIS IS NORMAL- don't let it deter you. You are doing great, Mel
PS- If you keep a handful of raw almonds in your desk at work, it will be helpful to eat just 2 or 3 if you become shaky and can't eat immediately. I think I have some of those too:)