Thursday, January 28, 2010

01-28-10 202.0

7:30am
So, I woke up this morning feeling fairly good about myself. I ate really good yesterday. Made me some soup, had a different kind of salad, etc. I was looking forward to getting on the scale. I step on the scale, excited to see my prize. 200? 199.5? I'll be OK with 201. Oh no. I fucking gained a half a pound! Are you kidding me???? My first, gut reaction was to go to the kitchen and eat pancakes. How in the hell do I eat 500 calories a day and GAIN weight!!! To me, that seems to defy every law of science and physics that I could think of. Not possible!! I weigh myself again...same number. I do this FIVE TIMES until by brain can accept it. "Doom, Despair and Agony on me"!!! I decide to come out the the computer and blog about it to keep myself from going to the kitchen. I get on yesterday's blog first to see what anyone posted. I read Lisa's suggestions about trivia. "Thanks, Bax", I say to myself. "Those are great ideas ....IF I WASN'T GOING TO THROW IT ALL AWAY, LIKE I'M READY TO DO!!" I go to the next post, which was Mel's....some advice about trivia...whatever...and then, there it was....like a sign from heaven...."I must warn you- at this point there may be the occasional day where you don't lose weight or even gain a small amount- THIS IS NORMAL- don't let it deter you. You are doing great, Mel" I thought I was going to cry. I'm NOT a failure.

11:45am
I went to the office to pickup some dressing and the cookbook (Thanks, Mel) and to get adjusted. I got a LOT more than that. I got the support that I desperately needed. I had a delicious conversation with Rod and Mel and I'm very glad I went today. I feel motivated again. Thanks for the help and advice, guys! I am getting ready to eat lunch. Fried chicken (from the cookbook), tomatoes and dehydrated apples. (I stopped by Dierbergs and got some more after I left the office). I think that cookbook might save me. More later...

4:09pm
I'm kinda hungry now but I'm going to try and hold off until 5:30pm or so. I've got me a cup of coffee and I got some new flavored stevia samples today. I like the varieties. Very yummy. I feel a little muddled today for some reason. My chi is all fucked up. I keep fucking up giving out calls on the radio. But that's not really abnormal for me. :o)

7:00pm
Just finished dinner: 100 g shrimp on top of a bed of arugula lettuce with stevia dressing and 1/2 grapefruit. I'm anxious to see what recipes I can find tomorrow out of the cookbook. I had a few almonds this afternoon but I didn't eat any melba toast or carbs at dinner. I hope I didn't screw myself up.

Well, we are getting busy at work so I should probably sign off and post this now. Wish me luck for a loss tomorrow (or I'm gonna eat a pizza!! ...just kidding).

3 comments:

  1. I am glad we got a chance to chat today. Sounds like you are back on track (mentally). Happy that I could be of assistance. Have you tried your new tea? No mention of that in the blog:) Have a good evening and I will check in until I fly out. Can't wait until the morning the scale read 1--.--! Make sure you post early that day. Keep going. You are doing great, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the frustration in your voice! Like you said, this can't be possible. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised in the morn. I'm feelin a 2 pounder in the near future. Wouldn't that be a boost! I want to hear more about the fried chicken. Let us know how that was. I will be thinking of you at trivia, be strong.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana you really are doing great. It is just so frustrating when you don't feel like you are reaping any benefits of it. I think you will have a big drop soon too. You also really have to look at your success as a whole. Weighing ourselves everyday is good to keep us on track, but it can also blur our perspective. You have lost 6 1/2 pounds in basically a week. That is like biggest loser poundage. If you lose 6 pounds every week, on the conservative side you will lose between 18 and 20 pounds during these 23 days. What did it take you on Weight Watchers, like 3 months to lose that same amount of weight? Keep your chin up and know that you are doing awesome. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete